For a quick & easy side, look no further than the bright flavors of fresh lemon and herbs in this delightful dish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, or just enough to lightly coat the pasta
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo al dente according to package directions (about 9 minutes). Drain the pasta, let cool for a couple of minutes, and toss with the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, cucumber, herbs and feta.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Can be made up to a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator.
For more quick & easy recipes, visit redplum.com/recipes.