Make it a pizza night at home quickly making a fully loaded pizza with red sauce, red pepper, baby spinach, and Italian sausage.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes| Serving Size: 6
Here is what you will need:
- 15 – ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5-6 ounce package baby spinach
- 1 pound frozen pizza or bread dough, thawed
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 6-8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 ½ to 2 cups)
- In a small bowl whisk together the tomato sauce, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, the oregano, basil and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Place spinach in a large microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons water. Cover with a microwave-safe plate and microwave on 100% power (high) for 30 seconds. Continue cooking in 10-second intervals until just wilted. Remove and let stand for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the plate. Transfer spinach to a sieve; press out excess liquid.
- Brush a 12-inch cast-iron or other heavy oven-going skillet with olive oil; set aside. On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a 14-inch circle. Transfer to prepared skillet. Roll edges to form a rim. Brush dough lightly with olive oil. Spread tomato sauce mixture over dough and top with sausage and spinach. Top with mozzarella and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Place skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Transfer to 1 475 degrees F. oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese and crust is lightly browned. Let stand for 4 minutes. Using a spatula, slide pizza out of skillet to a large cutting board and cut into wedges.
For more, quick and easy recipes visit redplum.com/recipes.
While you are here, print or load the latest pantry coupons to a store loyalty program below.