Make this pastry favorite. It is delicious to have with a nice cup of coffee for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serving Size: 15 |
Here is what you will need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups canned unsweetened pumpkin or fresh pumpkin
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Beat the sugar and the butter together in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in the pumpkin and the buttermilk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg into the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth. The batter will be stiff.
- Grease muffin pans.
- Fill the muffins pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown, and the tester comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins for a few minutes on a wire rack.
- For the topping, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- When the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush the tops with the melted butter and roll in the cinnamon and sugar. Serve warm.
For more delicious, quick and easy recipes, visit redplum.com/recipes.