Packaged dog snacks can be expensive. To save money, make nutritious dog biscuits at home using common, inexpensive ingredients. Below is an easy recipe to make dog biscuits – your dog will love them, and you will enjoy the savings.
Be sure to check out RedPlum’s grocery coupons for savings on ingredients!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup beef broth (or chicken broth)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, and baking powder. Then stir in the peanut butter and beef broth until the mixture is thick dough. Form the dough into a ball and knead on a lightly floured surface for several minutes until smooth.
- Roll the soft dough until about a half-inch thick.
- Using cookie cutters to cut the biscuits and place them on a baking sheet with a small amount of vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve when cool.
Store the dog biscuits in an airtight container.
Encourage other dog owners to try this quick and straightforward recipe too.