Are you looking for a flavorful, easy, delicious, and wholesome dinner? Then, this is the recipe to try this week. Not only is this a balanced meal that includes sources of protein, but it is also a time saver as the dish cooks in the crockpot.
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 8 hours 5 minutes | Total: 8 hours 15 minutes | Serving Size: 4
Here is what you will need:
- 8 Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For the sauce:
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots, and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Optional: Preheat the oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately with potatoes, carrots, and green beans garnished with parsley if desired.
For more tasty and quick recipes, visit the Savings Blog.
Also, see below for the latest coupons of refrigerated food to print or load to a store loyalty program.