Be a fantastic host by making sure that your guests are comfortable during their stay at your home. Here are several ways to turn a spare room into the perfect space for visitors.
1. Make a comfortable place to sleep. “You want your guests to have a pleasant night’s sleep. Make sure you have a quality mattress, one that you’d be willing to sleep on. If you do not have a dedicated bed for guests, a nice air mattress can be very comfortable, too.” – Shannon, foxhollowcottage.com
2. Have clean linen. “Set out clean towels near their bed or bathroom area. Give them an extra blanket or two.” – Becky, organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
3. Set out reading material. “Set out a couple of current magazines or books they might enjoy reading before bed.” – Melissa, theinspiredroom.net
4. Add side table essentials. “It is a good idea to have an alarm clock and a box of tissues [available]. I also add a scented candle that freshens the room without [lighting it].” – Chris, celebrationsathomeblog.com
5. Keep the Wi-Fi code nearby. “[Guests] will ask for your wireless password. I’ve framed ours and put it on the nightstand.” – Christy, 11magnolialane.com
6. Provide a place for guests to unpack. “We have a dresser and closet in the room that guests can use. [However], if you do not have areas like this, a simple stool or place where they can set their suitcase to have easy access to their items [will do].” – Liz, lizmarieblog.com
7. Create a basket of goodies. “Fill it with extra tooth brushes, toothpaste, and pain reliever. Grab a couple [of] new fluffy white towels (or whatever color you like).” – Debbie, refreshrestyle.com
Additional items to include in the room are:
- TV with a remote control
- Full-length mirror
- Universal charger
- Pen/pencil and paper
- Waste basket
- Tray to hold keys and small items
Prepare every area of your home for guests with these simple home organization tips.