Are you looking for another alternative to working out outside of the gym? If so, you are not alone. More people are opting out of gym memberships to get fit at home. According to the article, No Gym Required: How to Get Fit at Home, Kevin Steele, Ph.D., exercise physiologist and vice president of 24 Hour Fitness Centers explains the key thing is that you do something, somewhere, sometimes. It does not take much effort or money to design an effective workout program at home.
What counts is getting at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular and strength training on a regular basis (at least 30 minutes a day). Having an interest in the different type of exercises is helpful to stay consistent.
Here are five free workout channels on YouTube and around the web to get started.
1. Fitness Blender. It is the all-in-one source of free, high-quality full-length workout videos. The site offers daily workout programs, meal plans and grocery lists, and more. Search for exercise routines by body focus, training type, equipment, and duration.
2. POPSUGAR Fitness. The channel is great for all things fitness related such as recipes, fitness experts, and celebrity trainers providing healthy lifestyle tips. Exercise videos are from a minute to 30 minutes.
3. XHIT Daily. Various trainers provide fun workout videos that include fitness videos that a celebrity such as Rihanna performs.
4. GymRa. Get a full workout for at least 45 minutes on everything from core to leg exercises. Select fitness routines based on your needs.
5. BodyRock. Need a high-intense interval workout? Then this is the channel for you. You will enjoy boot camp exercises, motivational tips, recipes, and more. The videos are a minute to 20 minutes long.
For healthy recipes, click here.