Enjoy a simple treat of baked cheddar chicken fingers with the kids. This is the perfect recipe to try, especially if you are looking to switch up meals from time-to-time. The cheddar chicken fingers serve four and are 409 calories.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups cheddar crackers, coarsely ground in the food processor
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl mix the buttermilk, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and smoked paprika. Add the chicken strips. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the ground cheddar crackers, panko and cheddar cheese in a shallow bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil, spray with cooking spray.
- Take a piece of chicken out of the buttermilk mixture, shake to remove excess buttermilk. Place the chicken in the bowl of crumbs and roll evenly to coat. Place the chicken in the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken. Lightly spray the tops of the chicken fingers with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through, and breading has started to brown. Serve immediately.